Best answer

Zap putting name immediately after email address in Mailchimp

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I use Zapier in Clickfunnels to transfer the name of the person and their email to Mailchimp. 

The Zap puts the full name immediately after the email address, making the contact void when sending out a newsletter. Eg. xxxxx@hotmail.com SxxxCxxxxx

Having been to both Clickfunnels and Mailchimp, and tried various things out, they have told me to come to you.

Can anyone help?

– Sara

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 July 2022, 14:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sara Challice 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I have been in contact with support at both Clickfunnels and Mailchimp a few times now and the only thing it appears it could be is the Zap.

I have deleted and recreated the connections in Clickfunnels and created another API in Mailchimp to see if that works, but nothing so far has. 

The integration appears in both funnels in the optin first page.

Please see attached screen grabs.

Many thanks,

Sara

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sara Challice 

We’ll need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order to evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Sara Challice! I can see you were able to open a ticket with our friends in support - which is perfect! 

Please continue to keep us posted on your progress. We’d love to know your ultimate solution! 🙂

Userlevel 1

All sorted, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In case someone has a similar issue (where a contact is showing with the email address and name all together in the same field) you need to only add the email address in the Subscriber email field in the MailChimp step of your Zap:

I’m glad that you’re all sorted now, @Sara Challice!