Best answer

Zap Not Working Despite Test Working Fine

• 6 February 2024
  • 10 replies

I have set up a Zap to trigger when a new time entry occurs on Toggl Track with the tag “CUSTOM COMPLETED” to add a date stamp on a google sheets row of my work order form so my team knows to schedule the delivery.

When I test the connection it’s all good.

When I test it to get new entries with that tag on Toggl, it gets them.

When I publish the Zap and a new entry comes in with the tag criteria, nothing happens.

It’s like the zap is not checking for new time entries with the tag criteria on Toggl, I have to run a test to get them.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 9 February 2024, 11:09

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Did you published the correct draft of the Zap? Please check and update you zap steps and re-publish it

I have reviewed the zap and republished 3-4 times before posting here. 

Thanks for the suggestion, anything else that you recommend? Is it worth trying to rebuild it from scratch? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good day, have you checked you zap history? That could show you if the Zap is triggering at all and if there are any errors being reported.

Also does the zap work when you manually test it but not when you publish it? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@wwcguy do you have sometime, I would like to see your zap

Zap is not triggering at all based on the Zap history. @John Smith 

@communitymember how do I share the Zap with you? Sorry I have never done that before. Would love to have you look at it. 

@communitymember Think I figured it out. Here you go https://zapier.com/shared/84c3d15806cfcaa1d6b35eaa4cb2132dfed27f8b

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good day

The link shows what the triggers and actions are but it does not show what fields are selected, I would suggest taking a screenshot and blurring any personal information. 

With the information at hand, I can only suggest the following:

Ensure that there aren't any API rate limits being hit on Toggl's side that might prevent the Zap from triggering.

Ensure that the row lookup and update actions in Google Sheets are configured correctly. This includes the correct identification of the spreadsheet and the specific row(s) to be updated.

If there seems to be a bug or issue on Zapier's side, you could contact their support directly Zapier Customer Support

Thanks @John Smith. I am working with support at this point. They are helping me trouble shoot more and discern if the bug is on their end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @wwcguy,

I took a look at your ticket with our Support Team and It looks like the Zap is now working thanks to the suggestion of our Support Team by reconnecting your Toggl account with Zapier.

Happy Zapping! ⚡️