Question

Zap does not receive a response from Google Sheets

• 26 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I have a Zap triggered when a row is added in a google sheet table.

In step 4 of my Zap I do a look up in a google sheet table, but I get this error “This usually happens when the Zap does not receive a response from Google Sheets within 30 seconds confirming we could access the spreadsheet data successfully.”

The connexion is right, this table only has 700 rows, the sheet and table IDs are right, and there is the value in the google sheet. 

I tried replaying them but it’s not working.. When I replay a zap, will it replay with new data it the google sheet has been updated? Or only the one the triggered the zap?

Thanks for your helps!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Wellow123,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I see that you've already been in touch with our Support Team about this issue, and they've sent you a suggestion today. I'm sharing the details of their suggestion here for your convenience:

It looks like we're timing out when attempting to send information to the app. When Zapier makes a request, we wait almost exactly 30 seconds for a response. If the app takes longer than 30 seconds to respond, we call it a "timeout" -- which is considered an error. Basically, we didn't hear back from this app in time to know whether or not our request was successful. For these kind of errors, a replay usually fixes the error - could you attempt so:

If you have any questions about their suggestion, it would be great if you could continue the conversation with them via email. If you're having trouble finding their reply, it might be a good idea to check your spam/junk folder or search your inbox for emails from zapier.com. Sometimes, their emails can accidentally land in the spam/junk folder.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer. I just saw and answered their email, we’ll see if a solution can be find. 

Have a great day.

Lucas