Question

Wix Automation connection error: We couldn’t find an app with this redirect URL

I’m trying to create a Zap connecting Wix Automation to creat a Google Contact.  Although I’ve attempted it probably 15 times, I cannot get Zap to connect to Wix.  I get a “Something’s Wrong” message saying “We couldn't find an app with this redirect url. Make sure the redirect url matches the one assigned to your app.  I have no idea what that means.  All the tutorials show it just working.  I can connect to the list of Wix sites and choose the correct site, but the next step is:

SMART_ACTIONS.EXECUTE_ZAPIER_HOOK.title

Connect Wix Automations with third-party apps

and it always fails.  I have filled out the form to hear from Zapier.  I contacted Wix and their support gave me a workaround to add a webhook to the automation, not using the Connect to Zapier button, as though they know it doesn’t work.  

It doesn’t add the App connnection.  Google Contacts app is connected
Has somebody else had this problem and fixed it?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Thanks for the attempted solution.  I tried logging in from an incognito browser but got the same result.  All the way through to choosing the Wix site I want the Zap to connect with, but no further.  I’m providing more information to the Zap person who got in touch with me and I’ll keep working with them.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SVPB Web Guy 

Good question.

As a workaround, you can try using Webhooks with Wix Automations as per this article: https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-automations-connecting-with-a-webhook

The Zap trigger would be Webhooks - Catch Hook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SVPB Web Guy!

I’m sorry you’re having trouble connect Wix to Zapier. I can’t see any known issues that match what you’ve described, but the Zapier Support Team will be able to take a closer look at your Zap to be sure. If you haven’t heard from them yet, one thing that you could try is to log into Zapier and attempt to connect to Wix in an incognito browser window. Sometimes if you’re already logged into an app, your browser will remember that and will try connect to Zapier using that login/account. If you log in using an incognito browser, you know that Zapier wont be trying to use an existing log in/connection. 

I hope that helps, please let us know how you get on!