Best answer

What is the difference between the currently available GA4 Actions for Acuity Scheduling?

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Thanks in advance for your patience, I’m not new to Zapier but I’m a sh*tshow in GA4 😅

What I want to do:

Register a particular type of appointment booked via Acuity Scheduling as a successful conversion in Google Analytics 4 every time it happens. I’m 100% cool with the Acuity part of the Zap.

What I’m confused about:

There are 4 currently available actions for GA4;

1. Create Conversion Event for a Property
  2. Create Measurement
  3. Find Conversion
  4. Run Report for a Property

I don’t know what each of these does, and I am not clear which of these actions will register in GA4 that my conversion goal has been completed.

What I have tried;

I have set up a Zap that used the first action “Create Conversion Event for a Property” which did what the label says. I can now see that listed in my GA4 conversion events and it is ‘turned on’ to mark as a conversion. It seems like that Zap was just to set up the event type, but not as an ongoing trigger for future bookings to register as conversions.

My Questions;

1. Which of the actions is designed to register a successful conversion?
  2. Is there a simple way to access a “what this does” kind of explanation for different zap triggers and actions (so I can answer this kind of question myself in the future!)?

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 August 2023, 12:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TaraThomasNow, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Which of the actions is designed to register a successful conversion?

The Create Conversion Event for a Property action will create the conversion event type but, it doesn’t allow you to record the events for an existing conversion event types. To register the conversion events you’d need to instead have a “Send Event” type of action. There’s an existing feature request for that type of action to be added to the Google Analytics 4 app, which is discussed here:

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that feature request which will help to increase it’s priority and allow us to notify you by email the minute it gets added to the Google Analytics 4 app.

So with the current actions available for the Google Analyttics 4 app it’s not currently possible. But, there’s a workaround suggested on that other topic which involves using a Webhooks by Zapier action to record the event. Webhooks are an advanced feature and would require a paid Zapier plan to use, so if you’re on a free plan that may not be an ideal solution, but I thought it worth mentioning just in case!

“Is there a simple way to access a “what this does” kind of explanation for different zap triggers and actions (so I can answer this kind of question myself in the future!)?”

Usually there’s a description under the name of each trigger/action in the Zap and on the app’s integration page that will outline what it does. For example the actions on Google Analytics 4 app integration page have the following descriptions: 

04b1433b0663f981d292279140673653.png
So you’re quite right to be confused here - the naming and help text for those actions, particularly the Create Conversion Event for a Property action, isn’t as clear as it could be! Hopefully the information above helps to clarify things.

As we’ve already got one topic in Community tracking interest in a “Send Event” action I’m going to close this topic out. For anyone who comes across this and wants to add their vote the feature request, please reach out on the main topic for that feature request and we’ll action that for you! 🙂