Question

Wealthbox household data not fully available when setting up the Zap

I’m trying to generate a Household in WealthBox based on an intake form. The Zap lets me create the household, and Zapier has fields on the action step to populate the data for household name, type, and e-mail. I want to modify household ‘contact source’ ‘contact type’, ‘status’ etc. When I hit continue and test it, those fields exist. How do I make it so I can modify the data in those fields as well?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@becky.noss 

Is there a how to video or course for how to use API?

You may want to try reaching out to Wealthbox Support for help with their API resources.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@becky.noss 

Both fields in the screenshot expect the record ID as indicated by the 123 icon.

Help article for using dynamic variables in dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

I believe I’ve tried that,I get an error on the test. 

I get an error on the test.

Is there a how to video or course for how to use API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@becky.noss

Try this logic...

• Action: WealthBox - Create Household
  • Action: WealthBox - Create Contact
  • Action: WealthBox - Add Member to Household
    • Map the Household ID from step 1
    • Map the Contact ID from step 2

The Wealthbox CRM does not have an available action to update contact.

You would need to use the Wealthbox API to do that: https://dev.wealthbox.com/?_gl=1*10d6n2d*_gcl_au*NDU1Mjk0NTc4LjE3MTU2NTEyMzA.#contacts-contact-put

If it allowed my to enter ‘Household’ in the ‘create contact’ this would automatically create the link in the CRM, and while I see that in the purple (2 pictures above) it is also not available for data entry in the actions section of ‘create contact’.

Also, how do I modify/update a contact’s information? I’d like to be able to search for a contact and update mailing address etc. I see the ability to ‘create contact’ but not the option to ‘update contact’. I have an initial survey where interested clients give me their name, e-mail, phone number. I’d like to be able to create a household and link those people. Additionally, I’d like to send a form w/ data entry for address, b-day, and more in depth information once they are clients, and have the remainder of their contact profile fleshed out. Long term, I’d like to possibly have an annual form to check for updated mailing address that just plunks that into the system since I work with people who move a lot. 

@Troy Tessalone  That’s exactly my problem. It has a lot of data entry, but it does not have a ‘Title’ block, which is a required field to link a member to a household. ‘Title’ is the person’s internal family relationship (head, spouse, child, parent, grandparent etc.) Without this being available in the ‘create contact’ I have to go into the CRM and manually enter it that to be able to automate connecting a contact to a household.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@becky.noss 

Try using the Create Contact action which looks to have those fields available.

Under ‘test’ (In the purple), household, houshold ID. Title etc is there on the test step, but those fields are not present in the ‘Action’ step. I tried to get around this by using the ‘add member to hosuehold’ action, but there is no field when creating an individual for ‘Title’ (Head, Spouse, Child, Parent, Partner, Sibling, etc.) and this is a required field to add a member to a household. How do I generate a place for data entry in the ‘Action’ section that exists in the CRM, but does not exist in Zapier?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@becky.noss

The screenshot you provide is a partial context for 1 Zap step.

We would need to see how your Zap steps are outlined and how each step is configured in EDIT mode to have full context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @becky.noss 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field descriptions.