Best answer

I can't publish my Zap after renaming Google Sheets used in a Zap.

• 21 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A couple questions…

1. If you use Tables in Zapier, do you have to turn off the zap before making changes like you do with Google Sheets?
  2. If we’re using Google sheet in a zap and we change the name of the sheet, but everything else is still the same do you have to make that change in the zap? I have a sheet where we’ve changed the title and I’m trying to change it to the correct titled sheet in the zap, but it won’t publish it. The publish button is grayed out. I’ve tried making changes to a field in the action step and the publish button will light up, but it’s not a change that I want to make. I’m just trying to get the darn publish button to light up.

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 March 2024, 16:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Inventive Guild

1. If you use Tables in Zapier, do you have to turn off the zap before making changes like you do with Google Sheets?

No, there’s no need to turn of the Zap when you make a change to a row in a Zapier Tables table. You can move, edit, and update your tables without ever breaking your Zaps! 

2. If we’re using Google sheet in a zap and we change the name of the sheet, but everything else is still the same do you have to make that change in the zap? I have a sheet where we’ve changed the title and I’m trying to change it to the correct titled sheet in the zap, but it won’t publish it. The publish button is grayed out. I’ve tried making changes to a field in the action step and the publish button will light up, but it’s not a change that I want to make. I’m just trying to get the darn publish button to light up.

If the draft version is identical to the published draft then, as you’ve already discovered, the draft can’t be published. I suspect it’s being seen as being identical despite the name of the spreadsheet changing because the ID for the selected spreadsheet remains the same.

I changed the name one of my spreadsheets that’s used in a published Zap just now and the Zap continued to run correctly. Can you take a look at the Zap history for the Zap and confirm whether it’s continued running successfully since the spreadsheet was renamed? If it hasn’t then it might be worth turning the Zap off and back on again quickly to refresh the connection with the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with this! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @Inventive Guild! 🤗

Do let us know if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else you need help with at all. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡