Best answer

Upload File to Dropbox - “Runtime exited with error: signal: aborted” error

• 11 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey @SamB,

Thanks for this! With the dropbox link holding one audio file the Extract pattern seems to have done the job and help export it.

However when trying with a dropbox link with multiple audio files inside, i’m starting to get this error. Any thoughts?

For context, this will be used at scale for high tier music producers so they may receive multiple emails with dropbox links of different sizes per day, so just want to make sure its full proof.

Thanks,

Patrick

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 April 2024, 15:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @pmiddleton - hmm, do you know the file size for the folder containing multiple audio samples?

It looks like the limit for this app is 100MB per upload.

Badge

Hey there, @pmiddleton - hmm, do you know the file size for the folder containing multiple audio samples?

It looks like the limit for this app is 100MB per upload.

Hey @christina.d,

Is there anyway around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear that Formatter (Text > Extract Pattern) was able to extract the link, @pmiddleton! 🎉

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your last couple of replies out into this new topic as they’re related to a different issue within that same Zap.

I’ve been looking into this and it seems that there isn’t an automated way around that upload limit. We do have a feature request open for the ability to upload larger files (over 100MB) to Dropbox so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises as to when that feature request might be implemented but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is!

Until then, you’d need to either reduce the file size to bring them in under 100MB, or upload the larger files to Dropbox manually. Sorry to not have a more automated solution to suggest. If we come across any other workarounds in the meantime we’ll be sure to share them here. 🙂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I’m just circling back here to share that the Dropbox app has been updated to now support files up to 500MB! 🎉🎉🎉 This change applies to Dropbox triggers and search actions - as well as files uploaded via an Upload File action. 

That said, if 500MB still isn’t big enough for your desired workflows please do reach out either in the Community or get in touch with Support directly to let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡