Question

Unable to find the Act contact within the Zap dropdown even though it exists within the Act database.

• 9 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to build a Zap between Google sheets and Act - I would like the notes to fall under the above name (who is a contact in our Act database) but it is unable to find the name - Does anyone know why this may be the case?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ah, do you want the Zap to add the note to a different user each time (based on what’s in the sheet)? If so then you’ll need to add a Find Contact step before the Add Note to Contact step. 

With the Find Contact step, you can search Act! for a contact based on information (I can’t test this myself, but I’m pretty sure you can search by their name). That step will give you all of the details for that contact. 

In the add note step, for the user field choose ‘Custom’ and use the User ID field (not the name) from the Find Contact step. 

That will tell the Zap which contact to update each time the Zap runs. 

Does that do what you need it to, @LoicMarion123?

@Danvers - thank you very much for responding! I have attempted to click ‘Load More’ however, it does not enable me to do so before I search a name or during. In regarding to the custom value field, I have linked this to the ‘Name’ section on my sheet (these names match the Act contact name) however, I then receive an error when testing. I have found that I need to select an accurate contact if the test is to work. Any new suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LoicMarion123!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with the Act! step of your Zap. Have you tried clicking the ‘Load More button in the dropdown before you type the name to search? For some apps, Zapier can only load so many Contacts at a time. 

If that doesn’t work, if you find the ID of that user you can use that as a Custom Value for the field. You can learn more about how custom values work in this help doc

Let us know if that does the trick!