Question

Unable to find a video on YouTube: Create a new video in your YouTube 2 account and test your trigger again

• 16 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I can’t get the youtube trigger to work, it keeps asking me for the username but every single time it says “Create a new new video in your Youtube 2 account and test your trigger again

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AmirIsAuto,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems that the “New Video” trigger you are using is a bit outdated, as usernames are no longer required for YouTube channels. You can find more information about it in this article: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6180214?hl=en

I found a bug report to remove this as an option for this integration, and have added you as an affected user to that report. While we can’t provide an ETA on when will this get fixed. We will let you know via email once it is!

In the meantime, I recommend switching to the "New Video in Channel" trigger instead. It functions in a similar way but doesn't require a username, but the Channel ID instead. By making this switch, your Zap should start firing correctly whenever a new video is added.

dea28743c0048eed971d3a93e390bd3c.png
(view larger)

79d261699755bf1f4e3454cbb8f876d0.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊