Best answer

Trying to trigger Zap from Jotform submission with specific field value

• 5 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Jotform where users provide information about a project, and I’m using a Zap to post that information to a WordPress site. This works just fine.

However, users have the option to authorize (or not) the public release of this information. I would like the Zap to only trigger for submissions where the user has indicated their authorization. 

When I go to configure the trigger, I can only seem to designate the Jotform itself. The Zap doesn’t seem to be able to see any of the actual fields. Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 April 2024, 13:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CharlieZ, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

I had a look at the New Submission trigger for Jotform and it’s expected that you’d only be able to select the Form to trigger for new submissions for. 

You’d need to add a filter (available for paid plans only) to the Zap to only allow it to continue for submissions that have been authorized. If you’ve not worked with filters before I’d recommend checking out our Add conditions to Zaps with filters guide to learn more.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let me know!