Best answer

Trouble linking media to LinkedIn posts using Google Drive URL

• 31 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to automate my LinkedIn posts, and I have the text working great. Where i’m running into an issue is with photos and videos being added to the post. I’ve tried using a google drive link in the URL, but it just posts the link and not the actual photo.

What step am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Brem 4 April 2023, 01:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dcrum 

Good question.

Which LinkedIn action are you trying to use?

Please share screenshots.

This is what i’m trying to use. I can get the text to populate with no issue, but I can’t get the media to do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dcrum 

Have you tried using these fields?

Yes I have. It gives a thumbnail with a link, as if i’m sharing an article within a post. I have not been able to ‘Embed’ an image into any posts using Zapier to linkedin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dcrum 

That may require use of the LinkedIn API via the API Request action.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/

i wanted to verify before I went to a more code-related route. I guess i’ll have to go through a platform like Make/integromat to accomplish this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @dcrum -

I wanted to add in a link from our Help Center that goes into a bit more depth about setting up our API request actions. We do hope that you consider using Zapier in the future for other automation needs! 😆

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @dcrum 

Looking at our records, we currently have a feature request open for the functionality you would like to do. I'm happy to add you to this request, and should the team ever add support for this feature, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know.