Best answer

TikTok error: Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

Userlevel 1

When trying to use Zapier to connect to TikTok, I’m getting the following error:

Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

The error appears after I successfully login to TT inside Zapier when setting up the zap. 

Help please!

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 September 2023, 10:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

49 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue and can’t seem to figure it out

Userlevel 1

We are having the same issue, zapier isn’t responding either...

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m getting the same problem, but I have something else to add to this issue. I checked TikTok’s authorizations section and it says that the connection with Zapier was successfully made, unlike Zapier, which says “oh, foo”😥

Moreover, I successfully made a connection with the same TikTik account 3 weeks ago but with a different Zapier account, but now, this is no longer possible.

Please let us know when you get this fixed.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Spexigon -

Welcome to Zapier Community. I did some digging on this and found the following in my research: 

If you're seeing that error message, it usually means that the wrong domain was selected in the Authentication pop-up window.

Can you please check what domain appears in your Tiktok account and try selecting that one during the auth process? Let me know if you have any questions! 

There is no domain to select in an “Authentication pop-up window”. This suggestion doesn’t make any sense.

Userlevel 1

Hi @pagame365 and@Pedrin! 👋

The bug report for this issue is still open so @pagame365, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been marked as resolved.

@Pedrin - that’s great to hear! Did you try anything different or make any changes to get it working again?

Hi!

I just followed the normal procedure and it worked flawlessly. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Raphael-YOCA, sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Can you confirm which app you’re having issues connecting to? TikTok Conversions or TikTok Leads?

It sounds like we may have open bug reports for this and want to make sure we’re adding you to the right one. 🙂

Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, It appears you're running into a know bug with TikTok Leads. I've added you as an affected user to the bug report. While I don't have an ETA on a fix, this is the best way to stay informed as it ensures you'll be emailed at that time! 

We'll also be sure to keep the thread updated with any available workarounds or news.

Sorry to not have better news but we appreciate you raising this in community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @Naeem Palanpadiyan! I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll definitely send you an update via email once it’s been resolved. 

Hello! I have the same issue

Hi @SamB , we have the same problem. Please add us to the list.

Hey im having the same issues here! Tried all the recommendations and still showing error. 

Hey there, @Raphael-YOCA, sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Can you confirm which app you’re having issues connecting to? TikTok Conversions or TikTok Leads?

It sounds like we may have open bug reports for this and want to make sure we’re adding you to the right one. 🙂

Thanks so much! 

100 % Thanks for handling!

Of course, @Naeem Palanpadiyan! I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll definitely send you an update via email once it’s been resolved. 

También estoy presentando el mismo problema. No da acceso por codigo “Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results”

Tried the new method with the link presented above however I still get the same error. Commenting here to hopefully getting notified when this get’s resolved

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Friends! Just following up here with a belated update to confirm that the bug report has been closed out and that connecting to the latest version of the TikTok Lead Generation app should prevent these “Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results” errors from occurring.

That said, please do reach out if you continue to see these errors, or have any further issues - the Community is always here and happy to help! 🙂

Had the same issue last week. It seems fixed now.

same...

We are having the same issue :( Please add us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @dvdbosch, @Abel Solans, @Invista, @Mosh, @Pedrin, @Demir Ametov, @Sam Jin and @K_li4nia! 🙂

I’ve added each of you to the list of affected users. I don’t have any news on when this is going to be resolved by but you’ll all definitely get an email notification from us once it is.

I have the same issue. Can’t connect Tiktok with Zapier!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @Gupta Media and @harmonyecom

I don’t have any updates to share at the minute but you’ve both been added to the list of affected users on the bug report now, so we’ll be in touch as soon as a fix is in place. 

Try another browser. Firefox worked for me while Chrome was giving this error. Turn off all adblockers too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry you’re being affected by the same issue here, @monsterapps. I’ve added you to the list now. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s sorted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lifetimequality and @Spexigon -

Thank you for your feedback! I did some more digging and came across the following information: 

The error message indicates that TikTok ran into an authentication issue. This can happen, for example, if the connected user in the Zap doesn't have admin privileges in TikTok.

TikTok has a guide on how to set up the New Lead in TikTok Lead Generation trigger with Zapier: 
https://cdn.zappy.app/f13e7bd5466d2b0627a9e700c4ea0558.pdf

Please ensure that everything is set up according to that guide, and try the Zap again.

Should the issue persists after you've confirmed that you've followed TikTok's guide during setup, I'd recommend these troubleshooting steps:

1. Please visit your Zapier Connections page at: https://zapier.com/app/connections.
  2. Try adding your TikTok connection there. 
  3. If possible, send us a screenshot of your TikTok account's permission settings showing that you have admin privileges.
  4. We'd also like a full-screen screenshot of what happens when you try to connect your TikTok account on the Apps page.
    • Please include the browser's URL and the pop-up sign-in window before and after you try connecting.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Figured it out. It was literally just happening on iPad, once I switched to my desktop the issue was fixed. Both Zapier and TikTok are not well optimized for iPad in general.