Best answer

TikTok error: Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

Userlevel 1

When trying to use Zapier to connect to TikTok, I’m getting the following error:

Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

The error appears after I successfully login to TT inside Zapier when setting up the zap. 

Help please!

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 September 2023, 10:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @Naeem Palanpadiyan! I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll definitely send you an update via email once it’s been resolved. 

We are having the same issue :( Please add us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry you’re being affected by the same issue here, @monsterapps. I’ve added you to the list now. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s sorted. 

Hey @SamB , we are also experiencing this issue. We tried going through tiktok’s directions on their help center as well as Zapier. We tried different browsers and configurations in Zapier. Hope this is resolved soon.

Hello @SamB , we have the same trouble. Please add us to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Den Defenders and @maquisistema 👋

I’m so sorry you’re running into this same error when attempting to connect your TikTok accounts. I’ve added you both to the list of users being impacted by this. I can’t give any ETA on when this will be resolved but we will for sure notify you by email once it is.

Hi, we have the same issue.
Is imposible to connect with tiktok lead generation. 

i try from https://zapier.com/app/connections. too and the same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Interdigital! 👋

Thank you for reaching out here to let us know that you’re being impacted by this too. I’ve added you to the list now so we’ll be in touch via email the minute it’s fixed.

Hi Zapier,

I get the same error.

I tried to authenticate through the Apps section in Zapier, through an single Zap and through the Ads manager from TikTok itself (Connect a CRM). 

@SamB could u also add me to the list?

Thank you!

Hi @SamB , we have the same problem. Please add us to the list.

Userlevel 1

We are having the same issue, zapier isn’t responding either...

Of course, @Naeem Palanpadiyan! I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll definitely send you an update via email once it’s been resolved. 

También estoy presentando el mismo problema. No da acceso por codigo “Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results”

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m getting the same problem, but I have something else to add to this issue. I checked TikTok’s authorizations section and it says that the connection with Zapier was successfully made, unlike Zapier, which says “oh, foo”😥

Moreover, I successfully made a connection with the same TikTik account 3 weeks ago but with a different Zapier account, but now, this is no longer possible.

Please let us know when you get this fixed.

Tried the new method with the link presented above however I still get the same error. Commenting here to hopefully getting notified when this get’s resolved

Had the same issue last week. It seems fixed now.

same...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @dvdbosch, @Abel Solans, @Invista, @Mosh, @Pedrin, @Demir Ametov, @Sam Jin and @K_li4nia! 🙂

I’ve added each of you to the list of affected users. I don’t have any news on when this is going to be resolved by but you’ll all definitely get an email notification from us once it is.

Thanks for reaching out here @dvdbosch@Abel Solans@Invista@Mosh@Pedrin@Demir Ametov@Sam Jin and @K_li4nia! 🙂

I’ve added each of you to the list of affected users. I don’t have any news on when this is going to be resolved by but you’ll all definitely get an email notification from us once it is.

Can you please add me to this list also! Thanks

Userlevel 1

I just tried again today and it works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @pagame365 and@Pedrin! 👋

The bug report for this issue is still open so @pagame365, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been marked as resolved.

@Pedrin - that’s great to hear! Did you try anything different or make any changes to get it working again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 🙂

Following up here as I just came across a report of a workaround that fixed things for some folks. Here’s the steps for the workaround:

1. Ensure your Zap is using the latest version of the TikTok Lead Generation app (the latest version won’t have any numbers appearing after it’s name). For example:
    02630acabaeac5c1b7cd049e54717cd0.png
  2. With the latest version selected, try and connect the TikTok account again.
  3. If that doesn’t work, try connecting within the My apps page instead.

For anyone here that isn’t already using the latest version of TikTok Lead Generation app in their Zaps please do give the above steps a try to see if that gets it working. 🤞

Userlevel 1

Hi @pagame365 and@Pedrin! 👋

The bug report for this issue is still open so @pagame365, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been marked as resolved.

@Pedrin - that’s great to hear! Did you try anything different or make any changes to get it working again?

Hi!

I just followed the normal procedure and it worked flawlessly. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that @Pedrin! 😁

I’m so pleased it’s working normally now. The bug report is still open at the minute but it does seem that connecting to the latest version of the TikTok Lead Generation app should help to resolve the error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Friends! Just following up here with a belated update to confirm that the bug report has been closed out and that connecting to the latest version of the TikTok Lead Generation app should prevent these “Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results” errors from occurring.

That said, please do reach out if you continue to see these errors, or have any further issues - the Community is always here and happy to help! 🙂