The Formatter step doesn’t remove HTML code

  • 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have tried everything pulling in Google Calendar Events with Zapier, tried to strip HTML, it does not work, I have tried multiple formatter steps where I replace the HTML but Zapier’s formatter doesn’t find the code nor does it delete it as I have it setup. 


This description is an example of what is being pulled in from Google Calendar: 


<u></u><u></u><a href="" target="_blank"></a><br> <br>WO# 22239<u></u><br><u></u> <u></u><br><u></u>@joe<br><u></u><br><u></u>@josh<br><u></u><u></u>


Tried formatting the text in Google Calendar to no avail. None of the tools on the formatter even do anything..

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @bsimple!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with the formatting in your Zap. 

I tested the sample text that you post above and the Formatter did remove the html tags:


Is that what you were getting in your Formatter step? If so, what is included there that you don’t want? 


Could we take a step back? Which part/s of the event description do you need? And could you please share a screenshot of the input and output of the remove html formatter step? That will help us to see what’s happening in the Zap and hopefully find you a solution. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).



First step pull all information from a Google Calendar Event time date description etc.

Second step is to use the formatter to try to strip the HTML (yes I have tried it and it does not strip any HTML from the description.

Third step is to then pull the information into Ryver.


I have tried the following: Strip HTML, Convert HTML to Markup, Find and Replace. Nothing seems to work. When I perform the “Strip HTML” there is less HTML but it is still present, tried adding multiple steps to strip HTML and then find and replace but the find and replace doesn’t seem to work on the HTML tags.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bsimple 

Good question.

Please clarify what you are trying to do with the Zap steps for the inputs and desired outputs.

Have you tried: Formatter > Text > Remove HTML Tags