Best answer

Stripe to Zoom "Required field "Email" (email) is missing" error

• 20 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I need help with getting past the test part on the zoom part of my zap. I’m having a Stripe to Zoom error. The stripe “checkout session completed” action is working fine. But when in zoom after entering the info I keep getting:

Required field "Email" (email) is missing. Required field "First Name" (first_name) is missing. Required field "Last Name" (last_name) is missing.

Any tips?

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 April 2023, 10:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Joe206! 👋

Ah, I think I can see what the issue is. The Email field has the Customer Name field selected which is blank (“No data”), so it’s not passing any value for the email address of the Zoom registrant.

To fix that, try moving that Customer Email (Stripe) field to the Email (Zoom) field instead:
ac388435f508b49da8b3919f81365926.png
Then move the Customer Name field over to the Last Name field, as it looks like Stripe doesn’t send over the first and last name in separate fields. You could also use a Formatter (Text > Split Text) action to split the first and last name out into separate fields that you can select for the First Name and Last Name fields. More information on how to do that is available in the example in this guide: Find, replace, or split special characters

What you’ll also want to do is change the selected test sample from Stripe so that the Customer Name field has a value. Otherwise when you test the Create Meeting Registrant action again it will error again as the First Name and Last Name fields are also required fields, so they require a value. 

Hope that helps to fix things here. Please keep us updated on how that goes! 

This Was

Welcome to the Community, @Joe206! 👋

Ah, I think I can see what the issue is. The Email field has the Customer Name field selected which is blank (“No data”), so it’s not passing any value for the email address of the Zoom registrant.

To fix that, try moving that Customer Email (Stripe) field to the Email (Zoom) field instead:
ac388435f508b49da8b3919f81365926.png
Then move the Customer Name field over to the Last Name field, as it looks like Stripe doesn’t send over the first and last name in separate fields. You could also use a Formatter (Text > Split Text) action to split the first and last name out into separate fields that you can select for the First Name and Last Name fields. More information on how to do that is available in the example in this guide: Find, replace, or split special characters

What you’ll also want to do is change the selected test sample from Stripe so that the Customer Name field has a value. Otherwise when you test the Create Meeting Registrant action again it will error again as the First Name and Last Name fields are also required fields, so they require a value. 

Hope that helps to fix things here. Please keep us updated on how that goes! 

This was very helpful thank you!  Now, I’m just having trouble getting a new test sample since it’s a brand new Stripe account but everything else is working good. Any idea of how to get a new sample on Stripe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awesome! Glad to hear Sam’s recommendation worked. 

Ah, I’m sorry to say Stripe’s test environment isn’t supported at the moment. So it would require an actual sample from your Stripe account. You may be able to create a “fake” transaction in your live environment using Stripe’s test data though.

Do you think that could work?

Yeah, I tried to do a sample test on Stripe and it still didn’t generate an example. for me. But I’m just going to do another product for less and test it that way. Thanks!