- I’m making a new ZAP that uses the “New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack” option.
- When I go through the options, I select the new Private Channel from the list offered to me. The channel clearly exists, because when I type the name, or the channel ID, it lists the channel. So … I select it.
- I have entered the channel ID in custom on its own and in “<@channelID>” formats.
- I have tried this with BOT msgs included and not included.
- The channel has messages from me, and from the bot.
- When it comes to testing the connection I am given the error:
I think you’d say that this seems mighty peculiar given everything mentioned previously.
Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
- I’m at admin level on the SLACK.
- The channel obviously exists. Yes.
- I’m on free tier at Zapier.
Best answer by christina.dView original
I’ve resolved this.
So, it looks like when you’re creating a ZAP such as this, then the tests just don’t work.
So you need to create the whole ZAP and test it in live.
Thanks so much for following up with a solution,
This is a known issue with the Slack integration and we’re working on getting it fixed. I’m sorry for the hassle that you had with it and thanks for sharing your workaround with us.
Is there any update on this issue. Private channels are not showing up in the channel selection list. It is only public channels.
Thanks for your patience on this. I did some digging and it appears this is still an open bug. I did go ahead and add you as an impacted user, this way once we have a fix in place you’ll be on the list to be notified. We’ll also be sure to update this thread as well!
issue still not fixed any ideas what to do
@nriveramontes! Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we can notify you by email as soon as it’s been resolved.
In the meantime, perhaps you could try using the Custom value option for the Channel field to select the channel by typing in its channel ID number. Then skip the test for that Slack step, as you’d likely still end up running into the “channel_not_found” error. Then switch the Zap on, and carry out a live test by doing whatever action would trigger the Zap to run. Can you give that a try and let us know if that works?
@nriveramontes! Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well...
In the meantime, perhaps you could try using the Custom value option for the Channel field to select the channel by typing in its channel ID number. Then skip the test for that Slack step, as you’d likely still end up running into the “channel_not_found” error. Then switch the Zap on, and carry out a live test by doing whatever action would trigger the Zap to run.
Hey friends! 👋🏽
I wanted to swing by with a belated update and share this bug was recently closed.
Full transparency, our engineers weren’t able to reproduce the issue though. If you are still running into a “channel_not_found” error when testing the New Message Posted to Private Channel Trigger (or Send Private Channel Message in Slack Action) though please don’t hesitate to open a ticket my teammates in support and they’ll be happy to dig into this further with you.
Thanks as always for flagging this in community and happy zapping! ⚡️