Question

ServiceTitan error: The app returned "A booking with AgentTagId xxxx and ExternalId xxx already exists"

Userlevel 1

I have tried everything, and keep running into this error. No other apps connected with Zaps are having issues. I am attempting to connect Gravity forms from my website to Service Titan. When someone submits a form, it should create a new booking. Unfortunately it is stating that each booking needs a unique Booking Provider ID and External ID. I have never run into this with other apps. 

Failed to create a booking in ServiceTitan

The app returned "A booking with AgentTagId 183543231 and ExternalId 651c7ae2-c923-417c-ad78-4fe4ba46707e already exists".

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gakartes 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, thanks for the help! Here are the screenshots of how things are setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gakartes 

The error from ServiceTitan indicates there is already an existing combo of the Agent Tag ID and the External ID.

The External ID is hardcoded, which is likely causing the issue.

Userlevel 1

Our other apps are integrated this way, with a specified booking ID and external ID. Do you know of a way around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gakartes 

Try using a dynamic value for the External ID.

Userlevel 1

Apologies, I’m a newbie at all this still - can you give me an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gakartes 

Zip is a dynamic value.

Country is a static value.

Userlevel 1

For external ID that works, but Service Titan requires a Booking Provider Tag number that is consistent so it knows what booking provider to tie the lead to… Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gakartes 

The Booking Provider Tag may not need to be dynamic.

Try testing again.

Userlevel 1

Troy, you are the best! Thank you!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to see Troy was able to help get you pointed in the right direction here, @gakartes! 😁🎉

Sounds like you might be all set for the moment but please do reach out to Community again if you run into any further issues or questions - we’ll always be happy to help out!