Question

Servicem8 Zap: Missing client name & email

• 19 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

So im trying to create some zaps to move clients round in my aweber.

Now i have a couple of jobs that when testing my zap, it finds the job, and address, but shows no data in the servicem8 client name and email address.

however all this information is in my servicem8.

What could be causing some jobs to show no data? all my clients in servicem8 are created using the servicem8 form so all the information fields are the same

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SmartOhm,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like this is due to unfortunate quirk of how ServiceM8 saves customer data. When you first save a job, we auto-generate a Client (i.e. company) record using the data from the job you just saved. If that job includes the email address, then it will be included in the Company record. However, further changes to the Job's email address will not update the Company record.

This means that if you save a Job without an email address for a new client, then add the email address to the Job, the client will not have an associated email address. We understand that this can be confusing but it's a pretty low-level change which would have many consequences, so it's unlikely to change in the short term.

If the Job has an email address before it is saved for the first time, it will come through in the triggers.

Hopefully, this helps.