Question

QuickBooks Online error: Invalid Number: 1.Detail. Product ID. 23,7, Line.ItemBasedExpenseLineDetail.ItemRef.value

• 12 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Can’t seem to get the data format correct to use the Zap from Google spreadsheet to QBO Bills with line item support.

Get error message picture attached.

Can’t figure out the format for the Line items. i have tried so many combinations of characters [] and :, “”, ‘ and . but it doesn’t seem to work. Please can someone let me know what is the correct format for this to work.

eg Product: 27,6

Line 1

Product 27

Line 2

Product 6

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Clarkee. Welcome to the Community! 🙂

It seems like you might have been trying to send a comma-separated (and other characters) list of the products to Quickbooks here, instead of a set of line items that Quickbooks is expecting.

If that’s the case, I’d suggest using a Formatter (Utilities > Line Itemizer) action to create the line items using the relevant information from the previous trigger and/or actions steps in the Zap. Then in the Quickbooks action select the line items that are output by the Formatter action step. You can find out more about how to use the Line Itemizer here: Create line items in Zaps > Line Itemizer

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on, keen to ensure you’re all squared away here!