Best answer

Quickbooks Online Custom Field values not accessible for PO's + Workaround Doesn't Work

• 15 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

In reference to a previous post:

This has nothing to do with Line, and we’re not sure why “Line” was added to our posting title?

We’re trying to fetch a QuickBooks custom field VALUE located on an Invoice, and pass it to the next action.

We don’t see any Custom Field values.  We only see the ID, Name, and Type.

We’re looking for “Custom Field String Value” but we don’t see it in the list

See screenshot below

@TPECorp circling back I see that you were able to connect with Support on this and they provided the below workaround and have added you to a Quickbooks feature request. Sharing below to assist other folks:

Workaround:
1. Create invoice that has values in the custom fields
2. Add Find Invoice step as step #2
3. Map the Custom Field String Value field to their paths steps

The workaround does not work because I am using this to pull data from Purchase Orders, and there is no function to find a purchase order. Is there another workaround or fix here?

Thanks,

William

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 26 September 2022, 18:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wjbrenn!

If I understand correctly, your preferred workflow would be to trigger on new Purchase Orders and have the data contain custom fields. Outside of that, you were hoping to use a workaround similar to the one you mentioned, but there’s no Find Purchase Order action.

Assuming that’s correct, I don’t know of any other ways you could accomplish this (at least not easily). You could explore using a Webhooks by Zapier step to interact with the QuickBooks API directly. Or see if any of our certified Zapier Experts can help out with this.

Userlevel 1

Hi @wjbrenn!

If I understand correctly, your preferred workflow would be to trigger on new Purchase Orders and have the data contain custom fields. Outside of that, you were hoping to use a workaround similar to the one you mentioned, but there’s no Find Purchase Order action.

Assuming that’s correct, I don’t know of any other ways you could accomplish this (at least not easily). You could explore using a Webhooks by Zapier step to interact with the QuickBooks API directly. Or see if any of our certified Zapier Experts can help out with this.

It appears that you’re correct. That’s really disappointing. Seems like a basic functionality thing for probably the most if not the most widely used accounting software. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @wjbrenn!

I agree that both of those features seem like they’d be highly requested...and yet, in our internal feature request system there aren’t a whole lot of votes for them :(

I’ve added yours to both (custom fields for the New Purchase Order trigger and to add a Find Purchase Order action).

You’ll be notified if/when those get implemented!

Userlevel 1

It’s been 2 months and this is still an issue. I’m unable to write any custom field. I can read them though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sromano2 

I’m sorry that the QuickBooks integration isn’t allowing you to do what you need in your Zaps. 

The Quickbooks integration is one that Zapier owns and maintains, so we’re responsible for adding this feature. We prioritize feature requests based on factors like the number of people that ask for it and the number of people who use the app integration with Zapier. As Nick mentioned, this isn’t a feature that many users have requested, so I wouldn’t expect it to be implemented in the near future. 

I know that this isn’t great news and I’m sorry about that. 😔

Userlevel 1

@Danvers please +1 for adding custom fields to the QBO integration - specifically I need to add custom field data when creating new Customers in QBO.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @KateOpstart,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

+1 to this request! Come on, custom fields are very important in QBO.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @iza.nu 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.