Skip to main content
Best answer

Problem with setting up the trigger when new halted task happens

• 18 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi people 

Currently I am having a problem with setting up the trigger when a zap(Let’s say zap A) in a folder enters the “halted” state.  

A zap which I want to set the trigger (Let’s say zap 😎 uses the “Zapier Manager->New Halted Task” trigger.

When I edit Zap B, it keeps showing that “We couldn’t find a new halted task” ( The 1st picture folloewing below), although in a zap A, which I want to get alert shows its halted task ( The 2nd picture folloewing below).

So my question is 

1, How can I set the trigger for new halted task? Is there any required condition?

2, If the zap A finishes successfully till the end despite of the halted task in the middle, can this be recognized as halted tasks or not? (Because technically the zap A finishes even though it shows halted task in the middle)

FYI I am attaching the description of what it shows in zap A history

1. Success]Found 1 new Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets.

2. sSuccess]Found Spreadsheet Rows in Google Sheets.

3. sStopped]This step was safely halted because nothing was found in HubSpot.(←this is what I want to detect by zap B)

4. wSkipped]This HubSpot step didn‘t run because it depended on a previous step or filter that wasn‘t successful.

5.  Success]Found Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets.

6. uSuccess]Sent 1 new Spreadsheet Row to Google Sheets.

I would appreciate if any of you tell me why and how

Thank you

1. Nishio
what I can see in a zap history which I want to send out alerts
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @S. Nishio! Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

I did some digging and sorry to say, it looks like you’re running into a known bug with the “New Halted Task” trigger where it doesn’t always fire as expected. 😔 I added you as an impacted user and we’ll shoot you an email once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to update the topic as well! 

Regarding your question on if it’s possible to trigger on Step 3, I think this sort of conditional logic could be achieved through Paths by Zapier. Here’s a resource if you’re curious on how to get started with that!:

Thanks again and sorry to not have better news for ya here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, 

Just wanted to stop by here to share that the bug report for this issue with the New Halted Task trigger has been closed! 😁

In case you missed the email notification that was sent here’s what you need to know:

We now have a new feature that allows you to create an error handler to customize how your Zap runs if it encounters an error (including "halted" steps). When you add an error handler to a step in your Zap, the Zap will run the error handler as an alternative workflow. You can learn more about setting up custom error handling in our Help Center.

We hope you’re able to give this a try soon. And if you experience issues please do reach out in the Community or get in touch with Support to let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡