Question

Zap following the wrong path despite Boolean condition with manual test vs. live run

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Zapier Community,

I'm running into an issue where my Zap is unexpectedly going down the wrong path based on a Boolean condition, and I could use some help troubleshooting.

In my Zap, I have a path set up with the following rule: Only continue if: "2. Zap Search Was Found Status" (Boolean) Is false

When I manually tested this step, the test record showed: "Zap search was found status: true"

As expected, the right path wouldn't pass during the manual test, and I got the warning message: "Your path would not have continued for this test data. If this was unexpected, edit your rules below, or modify your test record to test!"

However, during the actual run of the Zap, it seems to be going down the right path (the one that should only execute if "2. Zap Search Was Found Status" is false), even though I believe the status should be true based on the earlier steps.

I've double checked my path rules and the setup of the earlier steps, but I can't figure out why the Zap is directing down the unexpected path during the real run. The path rules and Boolean condition seem straightforward.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any ideas on what could be causing this behavior and how to fix it? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Actual run

Manual test

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OliveiraHero 

To help you troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

If you need more help, then post more screenshots of the Zap Run DATA IN/OUT to give us context.