Question

Pardot Send Email "Cannot read property ‘@attributes’ of undefined" error

• 24 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi!

We’re trying to set up a Zap that will send an HTML email from Pardot whenever a lead is generated by Linkedin. When adding the HTML email into Zapier, we are met with this error upon testing the Zap:

“The email could not be sent to Pardot. Cannot read property ‘@attributes’ of undefined.

The from email address is not recongized. 

Can you please help? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The error is coming from Zapier: 

As you can see the path is correct 

Then when setting up the email inside Zapier and adding the from address, html etc..: 

when I test the action here is what I get: 

Can you please help? 

Thanks,

Nathalie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Pardot 

Please show us the setup step, maybe there is a missing required field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Pardot, thanks for joining our Community! 👋

Are you seeing any errors within Pardot for the email that you’re trying to send from in the Zap? Just wondering if there may be a different error on their end that might help to identify what the issue with the email is.

If not, can you please share a screenshot of the settings and fields that have been selected for the Pardot action? That’ll help us to better identify whether something else might be causing the error here. Please remember to remove/hide any private information like names, email addresses etc. from any screenshots before sharing here.

Looking forward to your reply here!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the steps they are all in green apart from the action: 

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nathalie

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pardot!

From the screenshots you shared, it looks like you have everything you need for the action. I think that this one needs to be looked at by the Support Team as they can look at the Zap logs to see if there’s additional information in the error message that explains the issue. The best way to get in touch with Support is with the Get Help form.

I’m sorry that we weren’t able to help you with this in the Community and if you find a solution, we’d love it if you could let us know!

Thanks!