Question

Newie Needing Help - 'forEach' of undefined Error

I’m brand new at this Zapier thing and I’m trying to use it for Constant Contact and QuickBooks Online.  The very first contact I tried to do it with, I got the following error when I ran the test:

• Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined

Anyone else using this QBO and/or Constant Contact have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BrooksKhoury 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BrooksKhoury 

Error is likely from this field.

Check the description underneath the field for the expected value for Contact ID.

You may need to add another Zap action first: Constant Contact - Find/Create Contact

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @BrooksKhoury - looks like Troy was able to pinpoint where you were running into an error with adding your Contact ID number. Was this able to solve the issue you were encountering, or is there anything else we can support you with? 

-Rachael

@troy

@Rachael S 

Hi all! I am having the same issue that Brooke was a couple months ago. I followed Troy’s steps to create an additional zap action first. Still getting the same error.  So looking forward to your help - Zapier has not been easy for me and I’m looking forward to better understanding it.

set up the additional zap action of finding a contact

re-tested the action of finding a contact
I cannot manually put in the UUID, it still will only let me pick from the drop down of emails
I still tried and filled out the email and common fields below
And got this error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lizking 

This looks like there are multiple email addresses but should only be 1 email address.

This needs to be a UUID as indicated by the field description.

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the help! I changed it to just one email address but the UUID is a drop down where it’s only email addresses of clients, there is no way for me to type in a UUID. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lizking

You can use the ‘Custom’ option to map a dynamic variable from a previous step.

@Troy Tessalone I can’t thank you enough for helping me - I’m still totally lost. Let me know if you need any other screen grabs to help troubleshoot. The contact ID should be correct now but still getting the same error.

Figured out the ID part because of your help!  But it is still showing the original error
Here is a screen grab of the middle step I added so you can see what it looks like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lizking 

Do you have other fields mapped that aren’t shown in the screenshot?

Please provide a screenshot of the error again.

Make sure all required fields have a value. (static or dynamic)

@Troy Tessalone these are the only fields I filled out - I could do more or less depending on your recommendation.  Thanks again, seriously. I’ll feel like an IT champ once this is done.

Here is the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lizking 

Wondering if on Step 2 you need to check this box, so that way a Contact is always found or create, so that a Contact ID will always be present in Step 3.

@Troy Tessalone 

Gave it a shot - same error. The drop down I could  “create source” (contact or account) or “custom” and I filled in the same email address as used throughout. Also tried “create source” → Contact and that was the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lizking

At this point, I’d recommend opening a ticket with Zapier Support as they will have more access to the error logs.

Otherwise, you can try process of elimination to try to isolate the field that is causing the issue.

Meaning, removing all but the required fields and add back one at a time until you understand what field is causing the issue.

That is not a correct expected value, based on the field description.

Remove the mapped variable.

Then check the list of standardized dropdown options.