Best answer

New Shopify Point of Sale order to trigger zap

• 12 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello! I have a zap that is triggered by a new Shopify order. It then looks to Airtable to see if the email attached to the Shopify order is in the Airtable base. If so, it adds some order data to the Airtable base. If not, the automation ends. It works as expected if the order was placed online, but an order made in person on a point of sale device does not seem to trigger this zap. All orders end up in the same place in Shopify so I’d have assumed that a POS order would trigger this. Does anyone know why a POS order wouldn’t trigger this zap?

icon

Best answer by idealwellnesswa 12 January 2024, 19:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@idealwellnesswa this is really an interesting one.  I would like to see the Data out for both the orders, they might be some difference in that.

Would you mind sharing it here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Silly me, I finally figured this out after who knows how long of thinking about it. Of course it happens immediately after I post for help. The issue is that point of sale immediately fulfills and closes a sale. The trigger I was using was only for open orders, not any status (or closed). I’ve fixed this, that you for your reply.