Best answer

New Form Squarespace - Salesforce Lead. Test Working but not Triggering.

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Have been successfully connecting Zaps from Squarespace to Salesforce on 3 web lead forms for approx 1 year. The other day, they all broke. Have worked to fix one, by reconnecting Squaresapce and resetting triggers. 

Having trouble with the second and third, all tests are working however tasks not showing up in History meaning it’s not triggering. I have even started a completely fresh Zap with all the same inputs and it seems to work but then when turned on I get nothing through my Salesforce. 

Need help with other troubleshooting options for the trigger end of the zap. 

icon

Best answer by mike klein 16 June 2022, 20:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m having the same issue with creating a ClickUp task from a Squarespace form. 

The test works with no issues, but when you publish the Zap and enter info into the Squarespace form, nothing happens. Nothing ever appears in the history of the zap and the task isn’t created. 

There is another email Zap that is also connected to the same form and that works every time just fine. The settings are identical in the Squarespace part. 

Let me know if any ideas!
Christina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I seem to be hitting the same problem where zaps that had been working for many months suddenly stopped. 

I have two Zaps that trigger off the same Squarespace form, each filtering on a field and conditionally creating different salesforce objects.  At some point between June 3 and 7 it stopped triggering the second Zap. If I disable each, keeping only one of the two running, each single zap operates correctly. But with both running only one runs. Also, which zap gets executed can be changed by changing the order I enable them.

I got the response below from Zapier support today. I’m following up to confirm its the same problem since this seems to imply its not triggering at all as opposed to only one of multiple is. The workaround seems a bit convoluted but at least its a potential temporary fix:

We have seen some users running into similar issues with their Squarespace forms triggering as expected and we've filed a bug report with the Squarespace team so that they can look into this and get it resolved. [...] 
I'm afraid that I don't have an ETA on when there might be a resolution but you'll definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that it's been fixed.
 [...]
The workaround is: - Set a Storage option to a Google Sheet - Squarespace will automatically configure the sheet with headers for each form field - Submit a test form entry so that at least one row is populated in the sheet with data - Set up the Zap to Trigger from New Rows in the Google Sheet instead of the Squarespace app
Here's a help guide from Squarespace on how to set your storage option to Google Sheets: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814638-Managing-form-and-newsletter-storage#toc-google-drive 

Mike

Userlevel 1

Hi @Christina Elizabeth,

The workaround of using the form storage to google sheet option then triggering off the sheet new row was easy to setup and has been working for the past two months. It looks like the same method can be used to trigger a clickup task. 

https://zapier.com/apps/clickup/integrations/google-sheets/20061/create-clickup-tasks-from-new-google-sheets-rows

Mike 

Thanks Mike! Will try this for now. Frustrating it does not work as it would be simpler if it did...

Appreciate the quick response. 

@christina.d - any chance you have an update from Squarespace / Zapier on this issue? I’m looking to build a number of these integrations and it’s double the workload if I need to build two Zaps for each.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ZETR Pascale and @mike klein

Mike - thanks so much for circling back to update this thread with your findings from support, it’s definitely appreciated!

@ZETR Pascale do you think it might be worth giving it a shot to see if it helps? I did go ahead and add you to the bug report as an impacted user. This way once a fix is in place, we’ll send an email letting you know. We’ll also be sure to keep the the thread updated.

Keep us posted on your success with this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Christina Elizabeth,

The workaround of using the form storage to google sheet option then triggering off the sheet new row was easy to setup and has been working for the past two months. It looks like the same method can be used to trigger a clickup task. 

https://zapier.com/apps/clickup/integrations/google-sheets/20061/create-clickup-tasks-from-new-google-sheets-rows

Mike