Best answer

New Employee in BambooHR does not fire trigger on creation of new employee record

• 29 July 2022
  • 6 replies

BambooHR New Employee trigger does not fire based on the day of record creation, rather it’s based on Hire Date.

Above is my experience, and BambooHR Support mentioned that it’s not their end issue, rather it’s Zapier settings.

Anybody here in Zapier can verify this ?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 July 2022, 14:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jerome Quek!

Unfortunately the New employee trigger does trigger a Zap on the employee start date rather than the date that the employee is hired. The help text on that trigger says that it fires when a new employee is created, which is confusing and I’ve escalated that to the team that handles the Bamboo HR integration to ask them to look at that ASAP!

We do have a feature request open for Bamboo to trigger when a new employee is created and not on their start date, and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

In the meantime, there are a couple of ways that you can workaround this: 

1. I think that user sends an email when a new employee is added to the app. You can use Email Parser by Zapier to get the information from that email into your Zap
  2. You can set up Bamboo HR to send webhooks for certain events in the app. You could also use that to trigger a Zap. Bamboo has more information on webhooks in this guide.

Hi @Jerome Quek!

Unfortunately the New employee trigger does trigger a Zap on the employee start date rather than the date that the employee is hired. The help text on that trigger says that it fires when a new employee is created, which is confusing and I’ve escalated that to the team that handles the Bamboo HR integration to ask them to look at that ASAP!

We do have a feature request open for Bamboo to trigger when a new employee is created and not on their start date, and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

In the meantime, there are a couple of ways that you can workaround this: 

1. I think that user sends an email when a new employee is added to the app. You can use Email Parser by Zapier to get the information from that email into your Zap
  2. You can set up Bamboo HR to send webhooks for certain events in the app. You could also use that to trigger a Zap. Bamboo has more information on webhooks in this guide.

Hi Danvers,

Appreciate your input here!

And it seems that this issue was brought up for more than a year before ….  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jerome Quek 

I’m not going to sugarcoat it, this issue has been around for a while and I’m sorry that it’s affecting you. I hope that we can at least get the help text changed asap, so it’s at least clear how the trigger works. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Jerome Quek ! We have updated the trigger name and the help text for the trigger, so that it reflects the actual behavior of that trigger. Thanks for bringing this up and pointing out how long it’s been an issue - hopefully that change will alleviate some confusion here.

Hi we have the same (or similar) problem, it seems like it used to be the case intermittently that this trigger fired when a new user was created in BambooHR but was changed again without documentation that I can find. We can see that from past triggers (now it is changed to trigger right after midnight of the starting day).

@Danvers @kredlear  Are Zapier actively working on this integration? We’d like to use it to facilitate onboardings, and this is breaking our workflow.
@Jerome Quek you might also try to create a custom report in bambooHR and trigger based on that report changing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @maxy ! To clarify there, we didn’t actually change the behavior of this trigger - we just changed what it was called to reflect how it actually works. It has always triggered on Start Date rather than new user creation; if you’re seeing different behavior, that would likely be a quirk of the Bamboo HR API, or perhaps those users’ start date occurs immediately after being added?

We do have a feature request logged to build a true New Employee trigger that triggers when an employee is added, but we have not yet started working on that. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this - Danvers may also have more to add here!