Best answer

Need Help w/ Parser Email for Leads

• 4 March 2022
  • 1 reply

​​​​​​Example of Parser result

I get forwarded emails of leads when I am on call, typically from a variety of sources.  I’m trying to set up the Zap so it reads the email I received, it grabs the lead’s email / phone and outputs it into my CRM.  (See above, where “parse output phone” has both half of the email address and the phone number, and later there is a “Parse Output Email” that grabs the phone.)  Each of these create invalid fields for the CRM, and therefore no result is put in as a lead.  

I’ve looked at split/formatting, but those are almost exclusively for emails that I control how it comes in the body (“i.e. Item 1: Mr. Name, Item 2: xxx-xxx-xxxx” etc.).  Instead, I get forwarded an email, and in the middle of the email is email address, paragraph break, phone number.  Am I missing something?  Is there a Parser Zapier how to that let’s me split these when I don’t control formatting, and how?

Incoming emails are originate from Zillow, are sent to my broker/office, and the broker/office then forwards the emails to whoever is on-call (me about 15% of the time).  Changing the office middle-man is not an option.  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 March 2022, 18:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RedTieGuy 

Better to use a more robust email parser app such as Mailparser: https://zapier.com/apps/mailparser/integrations#triggers-and-actions