Best answer

Multiple line item issue: Shipstation order notifications sent as separate messages in Google Chat Hangout room

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I apologize if this is a simple thing but I am not sure what I am missing. The issue that I am running into is that when I ship an order in Shipstation, with multiple line items in it, Zapier sends it to my Google Chat Hangout room as a notification per each line item. The order#,recipient, and address are the same on the two notifications but one item in each instead of just sending a single notification that includes all the items in that one order#. See the attached screenshot for an example. Same order but two notifications since it sends one for each item in the order.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 June 2023, 16:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DavidGomez 

Good question.

To help give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

It seems that when I pull orders Zapier sees the orders separartely, even though the Order# is the same. In the screenshots below “Item I” and “Item H” both report the same order# and everything else. The only difference between the two are the items. Even when Zapier sees the orders from Shipstation it splits the items into different instances.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DavidGomez

Which Shipstation Zap trigger are you using?

Take a look at the description for each trigger.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I am using Item Shipped since the Order Shipped does not report the item(s) in the order, last time I tested it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DavidGomez

Per the Shipstation trigger for Item Shipped…

Triggers for each individual line item when a new outbound shipping label is created for an order.

I’d recommend checking/testing the New Order trigger again to see if it includes the line items.

If the line items are not available as part of the New Order trigger, then you may need to add an action step to lookup the order to get the line items using the Shipstation API: https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/orders/get-order/

If you need help, then consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace