Best answer

Monday.com Loop Issue

• 25 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, I’m having some issues with a loop warning and figuring out the best way to build the zap. The goal of the zap is to assign a customer tier (“Status” column) within Monday.com based on multiple factors that are going to be updated throughout the customer lifecycle. Here are the Tier options: 

We have a bunch of formula columns on the Monday.com board, which calculate the customer tier based on ten factors (i.e. growth, ARR, products, segment, etc.), but you cannot see formula data in Zapier, which is why I had to recreate the formulas as steps within the Zap. 
i2_6XJ7WVt3Xz2OQn-hmDwHhiypwj3sxGaXplgE9Hav_IYvaouJmOuf5_wz0i9vU0fEak7cq7C39ARrcQPxU3Ahlz5g84kAlqi-nSJ1o-fKU_Lv_EKwdoUZHWgIPcV46rfobqNpKlEjdhkHPZapqlDs

The way I have the zap set-up now is with Trigger “Specific Columns Values Changed in Board” and I chose all the factor columns:

Here is the entire zap: 

Here is an example of a formula step for one of the factors: 

Here is an example of the Loop warning for one of the final actions (the warning is same for all final steps and they’re set up the same). The final step is “Change multiple columns value” and I’m only updating the “Tier” column based on the output from step 14: 

Apologies on the long post, but I’m curious if there is a better way to build this zap without the Loop issues. I thought about adding another column that triggers the zap to calculate the Tier after a user updates the applicable columns (but would prefer to have it automated by changing the factor columns). 

Thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by SamB 29 April 2024, 12:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @erusso ,

Have you tested the Zap yet? If not, please test it. I don't see any issues on Zapier. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia - Yes, I’ve tested it and it worked at first but now when I update the board the zap is no longer triggered and I see the loop warnings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @erusso! 👋

Those “Possible Zap loop detected” warning messages shouldn’t be preventing the Zap from running, they are only there to give you a heads up that you might have accidentally created a Zap loop

I did some digging and it appears that you’re likely running a bug that’s preventing Zaps using the “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” and "Any Column Value Changed in Board" triggers from not triggering as expected - very sorry about this! I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue to help increase it’s priority. I can’t make any promises around when this will be resolved by but you can expect to receive an email notification from us as soon as it is! 

I don’t have any workarounds to share at this point but we’ll be sure to share details of any we come across in the thread here. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, hopefully Monday.com’s developers will be able to resolve this issue soon! 🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB - That’s too bad! Thank you for looking into this and letting me know. Will stay tuned for updates..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Happy to help, @erusso! 🤗

Just wanted to add that it might also be worth reaching out to Monday.com directly to flag that you’re being affected by this. Their developers have access to the shared issue tracking tool so they are able to access the bug report, but I find it’s often helpful for developers to be able to hear from their customers directly!