Best answer

Jotform to Excel - too many leading blank rows

• 10 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I am successfully adding new rows to an Excel spreadsheet for each new Jotform submission…. each field maps over just fine.  The trouble I’m having is that each submission on the Excel spreadsheet skips roughly 10 rows before it writes the next record.  So I have an entry on row 3...then on row 13...23...etc.  How can I have Excel just go to the next row without any blanks?  Is that something with Jotform?  Zapier? Excel?  I don’t know where to start debugging that.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 August 2022, 22:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ika619 

Can you post screenshots with how the top rows of your Excel are configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ika619 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @ika619!

Thanks for reaching out. I can see you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support. They recommended giving this a shot:

In the mapping, it looks like we see empty columns fields all the way at the end. Can you scroll over and see if any cells have a value or formula in them? Or are they perhaps hidden and have a value? Kindly refer to the GIF below:

a3062cf4bd1f88c6641e5285cfe0797e.gif
(view larger)

A quick way to find out is to print and select fit all columns on the page for scaling. If it is too small, there is probably something over there.

Also, if you removed the rows while the Zap was turned on, we have been keeping track of where the next row needs to be added. To fix this, turn the Zap off, then make any changes you want in the spreadsheet. So, if you're going to move those rows down and start them at row 1, now is when you would like to do that. 

Then, turn the Zap back on. We will check the spreadsheet, find the next empty row, and keep track again.

If that doesn’t do the trick, I’d recommend continuing to troubleshoot support to get to the bottom of this! 

Keep us posted. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ika619 

Good question.

Make sure there is no prefilled data in the “blank” rows that would cause the Zap to skip 10 rows before finding the next completely empty row to add data.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context.

Make sure to reference the available help articles for using Excel in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Hmmm so I do have a page break after the Driver Name field in the Jotform you see in the screenshot.  Could that be a problem? 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Still skipping 10 rows.  See attached.