Best answer

Issue when Changing column value in Monday.com from Google Sheet.

• 9 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello there :-)

I’m in need of help to make a simple zap working.
I’m trying to update a number of an item in monday.com when this item in google sheet is changed.

I first selected a record :

​​COL$D = 0 is the number I want to update.
COL$L = 1242752333 is the item ID in monday.com - I have all the Monday ID in GoogleSheet to make it easier

Here I choose the right board and searching the item by Google Sheet providing monday ID, and the number where I want to see the update happening.

And here we can see that it is finding the item, but not updating the number { 4 : { id: solde, value: ”-2431” }}
Instead of 0 I still have -2431.

Any clue will be helpful ! 
Thanks a lot 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 August 2023, 11:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz

Good question.

Try putting double quotes around the mapped variable. “[VARIABLE]”

Userlevel 1

Hello again @Troy Tessalone !
First thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!
I did it and it stills not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz 

I was able to successfully test the updating of a Number field on a Monday Item that had an existing value in the Number field.

Wondering if you are trying to update other fields as part of the Monday Zap action as well that may be impacting the Number field from being updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz 

Can confirm you don’t need double quotes around the number value.

There appears to be logic that if you try to set a value back to 0, then it won’t update.

You’d likely have to use the Monday GraphQL API to properly change the value to 0 or clear the value for the column.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I confirm that I don’t need it.
So 0 is would be the problem ?
With another value it should work ?

Userlevel 1

I’m a bit sad to say it, but it works fine with Integromat :/
I prefer to set that up in no code, I don’t have time to write mutations and query, I’m not a big fan of graphQL I alway prefer to work with REST.
Thanks anyway @Troy Tessalone  <3

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kevinaz 

Looks like 0 may be interpreted as a missing (blank/empty/null) value and thus not updating.

When in doubt, test it out with other values.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 
It is not only with 0, also with negative numbers. Indeed it works with numbers above 0

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kevinaz,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the monday.com integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with monday.com on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your understanding.