Best answer

Issue adding contacts to a drip campaign on Skipio when a new submission on Jotform triggers the Zap

Userlevel 1

hello again. everything appears to be running smoothly with my zap, on the zap side, however, no actions are being perfomed on the skipio side of things. Not sure what is going on here or what may need to be altered to ensure this actually functions properly. i am trying to have new jotform submissions, entered into a skipio campaign. the flow:

client data pulled from my POS → entered into skipio→ send a jotform survey via drip campaign → zapier takes over → into another drip campaign

clients are not being plugged back into that last drip campaign, i dont know if it is due to there already being their data within skipio? or something else

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 March 2023, 02:04

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Thatch 

Good question.

To help you troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Otherwise, we’ll need detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Zap history is showing successful runs “1 task”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Thatch 

Check the history details of the Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

Providing full screenshots is very helpful in giving us enough context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Thatch! Thanks for reaching out in community - sorry to hear, you’re running into this and we definitely want to help! 

Hmm, have you had a chance to check the zap history for the action step? Here’s an article my friend Nick wrote on troubleshooting some of the more common zap steps. Particularly I’m thinking #4 may be helpful here.

One other thing a teammate mentioned is oftentimes with text or email campaign apps there is an opt-in process that first needs to take place before new clients can be contacted. I wonder if this may be related? For reference here’s a blog post Skipio shared on the topic.

Keep us posted! We definitely want to make sure you’re all squared away here.

Userlevel 1
data in

data out

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Thatch 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured. (Different from the Zap Runs)

Which Skipio action are you using?

Seems like you may need to add another step to create/update OR find/create OR find the Skipio Contact to make the Skipio step dynamic using the Skipio Contact ID.

Userlevel 1
adding to drip campaign

Here is what i have setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Thatch 

The Contact ID field expects the Contact ID from Skipio (not the Contact’s Name), so if you don’t already know that then you’ll need to add one of these Skipio Zap actions first.

Userlevel 1

I tried setting this up, still to no avail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Thatch 

The Contact ID field expects the Contact ID from Skipio from Step 2 (not the Contact’s Name).

Userlevel 1

I put in the contact ID, which is just the phone number

It worked for the contact with said phone number, but when i ran the test again with a different submission from step 1, to use a different contact from jotform, this field didnt change with the others in the previous 2 steps. The zap added the wrong contact to the drip campaign

Userlevel 1

GOT IT FIGURED OUT WHEW

thank you for your help, I had no idea what I was doing! You guys are fantastic!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ayyy, we love hearing that @Thatch! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!