Question

Is "Push to Zapier" function not stable with multiple connections?

• 6 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I want to get some help from those who use “Push to Zapier” trigger in Slack for several connections.

Background: I wanted to export a message and several elements of it to Google Spreadsheet with “Push to Zapier” function. (This was the only option AFAIK because I wanted to export messages from both private and public channels.) Plus, I wanted to use this function to be available to all my connections with Slack, so I duplicated a base zap I created into several ones to use them for several connections. I set up all the connections I have between Slack and Zapier, and all the zaps were successfully published and turned on. (In consequence, in my Home folder of Zapier, now I can see 10+ zaps that are basically the same except the accounts (connections) used for them.)

Problem: After setting up several connections with duplicated zaps and turning all of them, I tried to use “Push to Zapier” function. However, a few of them get a message “Something went wrong with your pushed message. Try again!” This does not happen for all of them. I turned off and of the zaps of these accounts experiencing the issue, and the zaps worked well again. I’ve not collected many cases yet, but it feels like the zaps are unstable when many connections are used for “Push to Zapier” function or something.

Question: 1. Is there anyone who can share some insight about how to use “Push to Zapier” function for multiple connections without the issues like the above? 2. Is there any way/method to check the health of zaps with “Push to Zapier” trigger even before actually triggering it in Slack?

Thank you in advance! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @ZapIntegration123! 👋 

1. Is there anyone who can share some insight about how to use “Push to Zapier” function for multiple connections without the issues like the above?

Were all the Zaps running into that error intermittently? Or is it only affecting some of the Zaps? If only some of the Zaps were erroring then if might be that there was an issue with those specific Slack account connections. I’ve done some checking on this side but couldn’t see any issues reported for having multiple Zaps connected to different Slack accounts.

2. Is there any way/method to check the health of zaps with “Push to Zapier” trigger even before actually triggering it in Slack?

It’s possible to test each trigger and action of the Zap when setting it up. Were you getting that “Something went wrong with your pushed message. Try again!” message when testing the Zap or was it only appearing when the Zap was switched on and running? If it’s an intermittent error that might have popped up if the Slack API was having issues at the time at which it was attempting to push a message through to a Zap.

You mentioned that the Zaps started working again once you turned them off and on again. So it sounds like they’re currently still running ok, is that correct? If not, or the issue starts happening again, it may be best to reach out to our Support team as they’ll be able to look into the Zaps and investigate the error logs to see if there’s any additional information being sent over from Slack that might indicate what was causing those errors. You can reach out to them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

If you do get in touch with them and they’re able to identify the cause of the errors please do let us know!