Best answer

Is it not possible to edit excel files in Sharepoint sites?

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

This post was split from the topic: 

Hi @ken.a,

Thanks for the reply - that solved the issue.

Another follow on question - is there any way to edit excel files in Sharepoint sites?  I’m trying to copy an excel file into the sharepoint and then edit a row, but I can’t seem to load any files from the sharepoint, and the only folder is ROOT?

Thanks!

Luis

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 April 2024, 16:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LuisT!

Glad to hear Ken was able to help on that previous issue. 🙂 Hope you don’t mind but I’ve move your question out into it’s own topic so it can be addressed separately.

Are you using a custom SharePoint site? Asking as custom SharePoint sites aren’t currently supported, but we do have a feature request to have support for custom SharePoint sites added. So do let me know if you’re using custom SharePoint sites and I’ll get you added your vote added to it!

In the meantime, if the file is moved into the Default SharePoint site it should then be possible to make changes to the rows using a Zap. 

Can you give that a try and let us know if that works as hoped?

Hi @SamB

Thanks for the reply.  That was the problem so now editing on the default site and copying to the custom site.

Cheers,

Luis

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re most welcome @LuisT! 🤗

I’ve added your vote to that feature request so we’ll be in touch if it becomes possible to use custom SharePoint sites in future. Glad to hear moving it to the Default SharePoint site is allowing you to edit it via a Zap for now.

Do let us know if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime. 🙂