Question

HubSpot error: Property values were not valid.

• 13 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello :)

I was trying to integrate Lemlist and Hubspot for the automation : create or update a contact in Hubspot when new activity in Lemlist. 

I’ve added every field I needed for that but I got this error message : 

It’s written if have an issue with the Hubspot owner ID but there is no field in the Zap to put it… How do I solve that? 

I have registered in Lemlist & Hubspot for my company account !

Thank you !

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @laelelait, welcome to the Community!

Often when you see a message that says a value is not ‘valid’ it means that it’s not in the format that the app is expecting. Could you please share a screenshot of the fields in the HubSpot step so we can see how it’s set up? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Seeing how the action is set up will help us to see what the problem might be. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thank you Danvers for your help !

Here find attached the different rules I’ve set up : zap.png 
The thing is there is no Hubspot owner ID rule in the Hubspot field : Hubspot.png (I get it that Hubspot understand my colleague’s name instead of her Hubspot ID)

Thank you !

laelelait

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @laelelait 

The first thing I noticed on the screenshot you shared was the curly braces.

074c2b2ef11106713b22afff557ef1ed.png

Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action step, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap editor, but when the Zap ran live, this data was not sent from a previous step.

These curly braces indicate that the field mapped over from the trigger was empty or didn’t exist like it did when you set up the Zap.

In this case, it looks like the "website, company, message, jobtitle, country, zip, etc.." fields have been renamed or deleted in Lemlist and therefore passed an empty value to HubSpot.

To resolve this issue, you'd want to load new test data in your Zap trigger, and re-map the affected field in the action step using the updated field from your trigger.

For more info on potential solutions, check out these help docs:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496038661133

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496199667981-Zap-trigger-isn-t-sending-data

Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hello @Brem :)

Thank you for trying to help !

If I give you more context, I ran the Zap before launching my Lemlist campaign by importing one lead (my personal email) manually. It’s completly normal that the data (name, company name, Linkedin URL, jobtitle, etc) weren’t recognized. Zap specially reported that the issue came from the hubspot owner ID (i guess the field in the set up is “Sales properties : Contact owner” : If i leave it empty, then the Zap runs, but it doesn’t attribute a contact owner in Hubspot, if I set up with the Lemlist generic field, then it says it couldn’t be ran because the field isn’t a valid number (of course because it’s a name). My question is then, how can I integrate my team Hubspot IDs in this field ? (i can’t put them manually and I can only choose one in the setting). 

Thank you in advance for your help in this step !

laelelait

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @laelelait 

I did some digging, and you can go to the Sales properties: Contact owner field and then map the field according to the client's or owner's name.

The number below that is the HubSpot owner ID.

Please give it a try!

Userlevel 1

Hello @Brem :)

As mentioned in my previous post, the ZAp was not working when the field sales properties : contact's owner was filled. 

Zap offers 3 options: 
- leave it empty, but then there is no synchronization in Hubspot
- choose a specific owner (but who will be assigned all the contacts when I want to assign the contact to the one who sends the email)

- in Custom, the option "Sender's name" but then the Zap doesn’t run

I hope you have more insights of my issue now !

Thank you, 

laelelait

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @laelelait,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

You mentioned that you want to assign the lead to the one who sends the email. Could you please try setting up your Zap like this?

1. Trigger: lemlist (New Activity)
  2. Action: HubSpot (Create Deal)
  3. Action: HubSpot (Create or Update Contact) then map the “Sales properties: Contact owner” field with the Owner ID from the 2nd step

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊