Best answer

Hootsuite “This social profile type is not supported by our API at this time” error

I’m facing following error with Youtube platform -

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 August 2023, 22:33

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

We would need to see full detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to have enough context.

Here’s the full screenshot -

When I’m removing this YouTube Channel, everything is working fine. But When I’m adding this social profile, I’m getting following error -

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

You can try checking your app connections in Hootsuite.

Otherwise, it may be that the social profile you are trying to use is not supported by Hootsuite.

YouTube is connected to Hootsuite in my social accounts

It is connected to Hootsuite. This social profile is supported by Hootsuite because I tried posting through it seperately and video was uploaded successfully on YouTube. The error is saying “This social profile type is not supported by our API” that means Zapier’s API not Hootsuite!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

The Hootsuite Zap app is just a friendly UI for using the Hootsuite API.

The error code returned is from Hootsuite.

Found a few mentions of this via GSearcesh, but it may be outdated:

Hootsuite only supports using personal Instagram accounts via their API at this time.

I implemented Buffer and it’s working correctly as expected. Thanks for your help!

I’m facing few more issues with Hootsuite integration, can I post here only or should I create another ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

If it’s an issue with Hootsuite, then you may want to reach out to Hootsuite Support.

It’s with zapier, because I’m not facing any issue with make.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

We’d need more context about the error/issue. (screenshots)

Or you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the below image of Hootsuite integration, if the file is video/reel than everything is working fine and it’s getting uploaded to social platforms successfully.

But if the file is an Image, than I’m facing the below error -

Till today afternoon, it was working perfectly but now suddenly I’m facing this issue.
I tried changing the files but error stays the same. Same file is successfully getting uploaded on buffer but on Hootsuite it’s failing

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

Have you tried opening a ticket with Zapier Support? https://zapier.com/app/get-help

The ticket is already opened here. You said you need more context(screenshots) about the issue, so I sent it to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@empowr 

Zapier Support will probably be better able to assist, since they can see the internal logs of the Zap step, as I don’t work for Zapier.