Best answer

How do I use Zapier's Pardot app with Pardot API v5?

• 28 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Pardot app (using the latest version in Zapier) in order to specifically access V5 of the Pardot API and it looks like the HTTP endpoint that’s used in Zapier is different to the one that’s mentioned in SalesForce’s API documentation. For example, here’s what appears in the Zap logs when trying to query a Prospect (I replaced the actual email address with XXX@YYY.com):

Method: POST

URL/Path: https://pi.pardot.com/api/prospect/version/5/do/read/email/XXX%40YYYY.com

(the result is a 404)

According to SalesForce’s API, this should actually look like:

https://pi.pardot.com/api/v5/objects/prospects?<params> which is a differently formed URL.

Are other people managing to get this to work and if so, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Bezalel

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 April 2024, 12:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BezFin 

Try using this Zap action: Pardot - API Request

If you still need help, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to give us full context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks - I’ll try that, but my point was that it’s almost as if this app could never work, even for the most basic of events it provides.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I talked to Zapier support and after a lengthy session of back and forth, it seems that the problem in using Pardot V5 API via their app is a known issue with no workaround available or ETA on if/when it will be fixed.

Hope this saves other people the hassle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for flagging this in the Community and for following up with that update here, @BezFin. It’s greatly appreciated! 🤗

Hopefully that workaround Troy suggested of using the API Request action will help to get things working in the meantime. Do let us know if you run into any trouble using that action, happy to help further! 🙂

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added to the bug report too, please comment in the thread here and we’ll get you added to that so we can notify you once a fix is in place.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Sam,

Unfotunately it doesn’t look like the workaround suggested by Troy would work since the App isn’t using the correct URL for it’s API calls. Perhaps you’re aware of someone else that did manage to get this to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks 👋

Sorry for missing your reply here previously @BezFin! Just circling back in here to share that the bug report has been closed. In case you’ve not seen the email notification that went out here’s what you need to know:

We've done some investigation, and it looks like this was related to choosing Pardot API version 5 when authenticating.

All of our current functionality for our integration with Pardot (aka Marketing Cloud Account Engagement) can be accessed with either v3 or v4 of the Pardot API. Most people should use v4, unless you have an older Salesforce account where AMPSEA has not been enabled. In that case you can use v3.

Sorry for the issues with this, but hopefully that helps clarify the situation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team, and we would be happy to assist.

So to confirm, when connecting your Pardot account you’ll need to select v4​​​​​​ option (v3 if using an older Salesforce account) and that should allow you to ​use the app without running into any errors. 🎉

If you reconnect your Pardot account and select v4 (or v3) and are still running into these errors please let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Sam,

So essentially, the “fix” was to completely disable support for Pardot API Version 5, and the Pardot app was updated to remove V5 from the API version selection pull-down.

Are you aware of any plans to implement V5 at any time in the future?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for sharing the solution, @BezFin and thanks to SamB for pointing you in the right direction!

As for your question about V5, Unfortunately, there is currently no feature request open for supporting API Version 5.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with our Support Team, who can create a feature request on your behalf to support the V5 API version.

You can contact our Support Team through this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help