Question

GPT not reading Google Doc file through AI Action

• 19 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! I am creating a custom GPT with GPT Builder that retrieves a file from Google Drive and summarises the contents. The GPT is able to find the file via the AI Action “Google Drive Find File” and share the URL back with me, but when asked to summarise, it is clearly not reading the contents (making up fictional details).

I have tried making the file publicly available with no luck. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Zapier instructions below (same as template):

###Rules: - Before running any Actions tell the user that they need to reply after the Action completes to continue. - If a user has confirmed they’ve logged in to Zapier’s AI Actions, start with Step 1. ###Instructions for Zapier Custom Action: Step 1. Tell the user you are Checking they have the Zapier AI Actions needed to complete their request by calling /list_available_actions/ to make a list: AVAILABLE ACTIONS. Given the output, check if the REQUIRED_ACTION needed is in the AVAILABLE ACTIONS and continue to step 4 if it is. If not, continue to step 2. Step 2. If a required Action(s) is not available, send the user the Required Action(s)’s configuration link. Tell them to let you know when they’ve enabled the Zapier AI Action. Step 3. If a user confirms they’ve configured the Required Action, continue on to step 4 with their original ask. Step 4. Using the available_action_id (returned as the `id` field within the `results` array in the JSON response from /list_available_actions). Fill in the strings needed for the run_action operation. Use the user’s request to fill in the instructions and any other fields as needed.
REQUIRED_ACTIONS:
- Action: Google Drive Find File

3 replies

I have the same issue. Custom GPT can find files in Google drive but can’t read the text.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! I am creating a custom GPT with GPT Builder that retrieves a file from Google Drive and summarises the contents. The GPT is able to find the file via the AI Action “Google Drive Find File” and share the URL back with me, but when asked to summarise, it is clearly not reading the contents (making up fictional details).

I have tried making the file publicly available with no luck. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Zapier instructions below (same as template):

###Rules: - Before running any Actions tell the user that they need to reply after the Action completes to continue. - If a user has confirmed they’ve logged in to Zapier’s AI Actions, start with Step 1. ###Instructions for Zapier Custom Action: Step 1. Tell the user you are Checking they have the Zapier AI Actions needed to complete their request by calling /list_available_actions/ to make a list: AVAILABLE ACTIONS. Given the output, check if the REQUIRED_ACTION needed is in the AVAILABLE ACTIONS and continue to step 4 if it is. If not, continue to step 2. Step 2. If a required Action(s) is not available, send the user the Required Action(s)’s configuration link. Tell them to let you know when they’ve enabled the Zapier AI Action. Step 3. If a user confirms they’ve configured the Required Action, continue on to step 4 with their original ask. Step 4. Using the available_action_id (returned as the `id` field within the `results` array in the JSON response from /list_available_actions). Fill in the strings needed for the run_action operation. Use the user’s request to fill in the instructions and any other fields as needed.
REQUIRED_ACTIONS:
- Action: Google Drive Find File

Check this out. 

You’ll have to basically use the webhook to read the content of the file, load it in zapier, and then use openAI/chatgpt to further perform any action with the text. 

Considering you’ll be sending the whole file, the number of tokens used by openAI can be pretty extensive, so use it with care. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Happy new year all! 👋 

@Camzicle and @kumomi21 - were you able to get things sorted following the guide @zaki_readylogic shared above? 

Let us know if you’re still in need of some help here! 🙂