I’ve noticed in a few Zaps that when I used the New or Updated Row trigger for Google Sheets that the Updated Row trigger is inconsistent.
Specifically, it doesn’t seem to fire when the contents of an existing cell are changed, especially it’s a dropdown menu.
Here’s my use case:
- Tracking spreadsheet of new documentation
- As updates are finished they’re added to the sheet
- However, they only publish once every week or two, so the new/updated articles are on hold
- A trigger column in the sheet with different statuses:
- Wait for publishing
- Done (updated by the Zap once it’s successfull)
- Intended trigger is when the row is updated and the trigger column switches to Go!
- I have an exact match filter as step 1 after the trigger
In looking at the Zap history, updates to existing cells in the row aren’t triggering the zap. It’s not a filter issue, the Zap run is never starting. If I type in another column, that net new content in the row usually triggers things, but not if i change the content in an existing cell.
Any tips for how I can do this? Do I just need to change my trigger process?
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original