Skip to main content
Best answer

Google Drive file path for new file trigger that sends email

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello,

I am trying to create a zap that will trigger when a new file is created in google drive, then send an email using my gmail account.

The trigger seems to work just fine, but I don’t know where the file is located and I don’t see a way to add the google drive file path.  This is important because there are many subfolders.  Below are two screenshots.  The first is the path of where my test file is located. The 2nd is the body of my email.  I want it to show USA human resources\frankforSharing\file name or something similar.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Frank

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Frank M, thanks for joining the Community here! 🙂

I did some checking and you’re right it doesn’t look like we’re able to see a human readable version of the file path. I did some digging and found that we’ve got a feature request open to be able to get the folder’s name and path returned by the New File (Google Drive) trigger. That seems like it’s just what you’re after here so I’ve added your vote for that.

I can’t share any estimates on when that feature will be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

As there’s an existing topic in Community that’s already tracking interest in that feature I’m going to close this one out. For anyone who comes across this topic and want’s to be added to that feature request as well, please reach out in the main topic for it here: