Question

Zapier append in loop overwrites Google Doc text

• 18 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi,

i have a problem with Google Docs. I use the append action within a loop because i have to format some text to put after in an email.

Problem is, it kinda overwrite the text and i don’t know why.

In the first screenshot you can see the part of the zap interested, in the second and third screnshot the proof that it overwrite.

How come this happend?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mc_vento 

The Looping iterations run in parallel.

Follow this guide:

Hi @mc_vento 

The Looping iterations run in parallel.

Follow this guide:

About this, it’s not clear to me how it works. I mean, i just do the formatted thing and delay for a minute and it magically works? What’s the correlation between these two steps? i don’t really get it

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mc_vento 

The guide shows how to configure Zap steps so the loop iterations process sequentially in order spaced out.

@mc_vento

The guide shows how to configure Zap steps so the loop iterations process sequentially in order spaced out.

I modified the code as the guide shows and it doesn’t work. Where do i have to put the output of the Formatter step? I mean, as its written the formatter step is not utilized and the iterations run in parallel and are all delayed by one minute. I don’t understand

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mc_vento 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your updated Zap steps are now outlined and configured to have full context.

@mc_vento

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your updated Zap steps are now outlined and configured to have full context.

Here you go:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mc_vento 

You have a static value of 1 set for the Delay.

Change it to map the output from the Formatter step.

@mc_vento

You have a static value of 1 set for the Delay.

Change it to map the output from the Formatter step.

ah ok if i may that wasn’t really clear from the guide but thanks though

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mc_vento 

Guide has been updated.