Question

Google Calendar & Trello - stuck in loop

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I set up a new Zap to create a card on my Trello board when a new event is added to my google calendar. 

I also set up a Zap to create an event on my calendar when I add a new card to my Trello board with the label “meeting.”

But now I have a loop that I can’t stop!! (It’s paused right now) I looked at the help articles and the only thing I found was adding a random tag in “notes” and using it as a filter. However, I don’t see how to actually do that in my zap. Help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @javabean8

Since you are in the process of utilizing @jayeshkumarbhatia  recommendation, I’m going to tag them just in case I am interpreting this wrong. I believe the step you are missing, as indicated, is Paths by Zapier. This sets up conditional logic for your Zap. 

Thanks for the response and while it seems like this should be clear, I still don’t understand what I am supposed to do.

In the Zap where I have the calendar event FIRST and want to add it to Trello, I set up to add a “Custom Label” with the event ID.

I don’t understand how to then search for that label in the other Zap. Am I using the filter? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @javabean8 

Please give it a try on the suggestion of Jayesh and keep us posted!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @javabean8 ,

There is a way to solve this. First add a custom field to record Google Calender event Id on Trello Card. Edit your Zap to below. 

1. New event added in Google Calendar → Search for Trello card where lookup key is above custom field and value is event id → If Trello card does not exists → Create a Trello Card (Add google Calendar details with calendar id)

1. New card added in Trello → (If above custom field value is empty) → Than create an event in Google Calendar → Add Google Event id in the newly create calendar event.