Best answer

Google Analytics 4 not showing event

• 22 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I have create conversion event for a property in Google Analytics 4.

I have get success response in zapier history.

But I can’t see any event in Google Analytics 4.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 29 June 2023, 08:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @inbound, welcome to the Community! 👋

That’s very strange indeed. Can you please share a screenshot showing the Data Out for that run of the Zap: 
2e5284c14d6ab8d536d6eb4b1feea0e6.png

And can you also share a screenshot showing the fields/settings that have been selected in the Action section of that Create Conversion Event for a Property action? I’d like to take a look at those details to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing the event to not appear in Google Analytics as expected. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.).

Thanks for your assistance, looking forward to your response here!

Thank you for your response.
Please check the below screenshot for Action and Data out 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @inbound,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Looking at the screenshot, I’m not seeing anything unusual with the setup. Could you please try these for me?

1. Change your Google Analytics version to the latest version by clicking on the “Change” button in the “App & event” section.
  2. Choose the latest version of the app
    3b36c994d28ba962eed18daf1a4d7be2.png
    (view larger)
  3. Reconnect your Google Analytics 4 account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/google-analytics-4
  4. Test the Zap again to see if it’ll show up in your Google Analytics 4 app.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Hello there,

Already connected successfully google analytics 4.

But I can test action then get error “Failed to create a conversion event in Google Analytics 4”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @inbound,

I've looked into the issue you're facing and it appears to be a 500 error, also known as an "Internal Server Error". These errors can pop up occasionally when a server is dealing with a lot of traffic, or if it's trying to process too much data, among other things.

Unfortunately, since this issue is happening on the other app's side, we can't pinpoint the exact cause. But don't worry, these types of errors are typically temporary and resolve themselves once things calm down a bit.

Additionally, we have an open bug report for this exact error message. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I have added you to the open bug report as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your understanding.