Best answer

Getting an error when triggering MySQL database to Hostgator

• 5 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Trying to connect a MySQL database in Hostgator but keep getting an error. Not sure if I am entering correct info under host, port, database name and database username. Any advice/tips?

icon

Best answer by frankie210 9 November 2022, 17:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @frankie210 

Good question.

Please clarify which Zap step is encountering the error.

Best to provide screenshots for context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @frankie210

Are you able to share a little more information to help us see what might be happening in your Zap? For example, what information are you putting for host, port, database, etc. Obviously please don’t share any sensitive information, but you could tell us things like ‘I’m using the database username that I can see in the app’ or something like that. It would also be really helpful if you could let us know specifically what the error message says. 

I also recommend running through the help guide Can’t Connect to My Database as it has a lot of information on how to troubleshoot MySQL connections in Zapier. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Trying to figure what exactly to input here: https://prnt.sc/XCSnWrXgijOt

Getting this error: https://prnt.sc/i22a6mX0-1Bf

After inputting an IP address that Hostgator support gave me for HOST

Using 3306 for PORT

And using the info I assigned for the database name and database username and password for DATABASE and USERNAME and PASSWORD

Userlevel 1
Badge

I figured it out. I needed to add Zapier IP address to authorized IP addresses under Remote MySQL within CPanel for the Zap to work. Thank you for your assistance folks. I appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! 🎉 I’m stoked you were able to sort this out.

Thanks for coming back to update the thread! We love to see it. 🤗