Question

How do I use Zapier to store Formidable Forms update dates in a Zapier Table?

I am looking to set up automation with the trigger being [Entry-Updated] in Formidable.

I then simply want to store the data retrieved in a Zapier Table, along with the view or [frm-pdf] attached to the entry.

I’m fairly sure this shouldn’t be too complicated but I am relatively new to automation.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Etaoin Shrdlu 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured and provide more details about the issues you are having configuring the steps.

HI @Troy Tessalone - I am unsure how to configure the steps, this is the reason for my post.

The steps:
- Entry is updated in Formidable Forms

- Zapier retrieves the date from the updated entry

- Zapier stores this date in a Zapier Table

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Etaoin Shrdlu 

Formidable Forms Zap app has no trigger for updated entry: https://zapier.com/apps/formidable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Etaoin Shrdlu! 👋

Troy is correct, there isn’t an “Updated Entry” trigger for Formidable Forms. I did some checking and couldn’t find any existing feature requests open for the ability to trigger on updated entries in Formidable Forms.

Would you be up for reaching out to the Support team here to submit a feature request for this? It would be great for that to be added so we can get this on the developer’s radar start tracking user interest in this! 🙂

In the meantime, are you able to configure notifications in Formidable Forms to send you an email notification when an entry is updated?

If so, perhaps you could set up your email account to automatically forward those emails to an Email Parser mailbox - see: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails. That would allow you to trigger a Zap when an entry is updated. Then you could use a Find Record action followed by an Update Record action to add the date to the relevant record. Do you think that approach could work?

Looking forward to hearing from you!