Question

Flic button presses not triggering actions in Luxafor Light Zap.

• 22 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I have my Flic and Zapier accounts linked. I have selected the right Flic button, changed the click type to ‘click’, and in the Flic app on my phone I can see that it is receiving button presses. However, my tests keep failing. I just want to connect my Flic button to a Luxafor light so I can change the color on the light by pressing my Flic button. Help?!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @acogar 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us context.

Here are some photos. Does this give you the information you need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@acogar 

Did you review this help article from Flic?

https://flic.io/zapier-makes-flic-control-500-web-apps-walkthrough/

Thanks for the link. I’ve tried everything in there, but I’ll try it again at work tomorrow and see. New day, new results? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @acogar! 👋

Were you able to get it working by running through the steps in the guide again?

If you’re still having some trouble loading in a real sample from Flic, perhaps you choose the Skip test option to carry on setting up the Zap with a default test record it supplies? Then once you’re happy with the set up of the Zap you can publish it and attempt to run a live test by pressing the Flic button to see if that triggers the Zap as expected.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please let us know how you’re getting on! 🙂

Hi there. Unfortunately it’s not working. The tests now for the Flic button show that part is working fine, but the Luxafor isn’t responding to the tests as expected. For one day this week it was all working, but without anything changing on my end, it stopped working and I haven’t been able to get it back to functional again. I have no idea what’s going wrong. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for delay, glad to hear the Flic button tests are working @acogar. 🙂

For the Luxafor action are you seeing any errors when testing that part of the Zap? If so, can you share a screenshot of full error message as that might give us some clues as to what’s causing the issues. 

And can you also share a screenshot of the settings and fields for that Luxafor action so we can see if there’s any tweaks that can be made to help get it working. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!