Question

Filtering Tags from Active Campaign to go to Zoho

• 14 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’m just creating a zap that will pull data from Active Campaign and send to Zoho Analytics. Basically, once a university student fills out this form, they are added to the contact list for University Enquirers. From there I want to pull specific custom fields (see screenshot below) and add a new row to Zoho Analytics.

The issue we are having is that there are no custom fields for university, instead a tag gets added depending on which form they filled out. We can’t make it a custom field as each university has their own form with their own colours and branding, so instead it becomes a tag.

This tag gets added along with other tags so what I tried doing was using text formatter and the “Split Text” option. 

Which is working fine, however it appears with [Enquirer] QUT at the start and I just want it to appear with the university name, and without the [Enquirer] part. So, I used a second text formatter below the first one to replace [Enquirer] with nothing.

When I test the zap it appears correct, however when I actually fill out the form to test it, the university field doesn’t get populated in Zoho Analytics.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I can do this better to get the result I need.

If you have any questions or need me to explain something to get a better understanding, please let me know.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MCW Digital Marketing 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

NOTE: An advanced approach would be to use 1 Code step instead of multiple Formatter steps.

Thanks Troy. I’ll have a look through the Zap Runs and see if I can figure it out.

For writing a 1 code step, would the “contact tag” variable already be defined? I.E am I able to just split the string using the pre-defined variable “contact tag”?

I’m not super good with programming but I have a basic fundamental understanding. I’m still learning this whole marketing automation thing.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MCW Digital Marketing 

The concept with the Code step is to handle the array of tags, then isolate the desired tag, then alter the desired tag.

Thanks Troy, that helps.

Appreciate you taking the time out of your day to assist me with this one. I’ll give it a go and see if I can get the desired result, it’ll help me learn for the future. 

Hey Troy,

Is there any chance you could tell me why I get an error with this code? Everything seems fine, but I have a feeling it has something to do with how the input_data is presented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MCW Digital Marketing

I write Code in JavaScript, so I won’t be able to help debug the Python Code.

You can try referencing the available help articles for using Code in Zaps.

https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MCW Digital Marketing!

Were you able to work out your code step? If you need some more help with it, you could try posting it in the Code and Webhooks forum. I also know that some folks find success by asking for help with code on Substack. Hope that helps!