Question

"File is too big" error when uploading Images from Aqcuity to Dropbox.

• 15 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Aquity URL (image file) saved to Dropbox. I can't make it work, please help!

So I have a form in Aquity asking for a file upload. It’s always an image. This link will be so long, I tried to shorten it, but it gave me the same error message. This link eventually goes into Dropbox action as Upload File. It gives me the error message that the file is too big, but I have no control over what file sizes the customers upload.

If any of you have nay idea how could I make this work I would be really appreciated it.

Many thanks in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BalazsKovacs 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If course, Troy! Please find them attached below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BalazsKovacs 

Can you post a full screenshot of the encountered error?

Things to check…

Folder field is a dropdown field that expects valid values.

For each option in the dropdown list the smaller gray value is the expected value.

That will help you determine if the dynamic Folder value you are setting is valid or not.

Is the link to the Image a publicly accessible direct download link from Acuity?

You can test this by copy/paste the url into a browser.

It should initiate a direct download of the image immediately.

If not, then that URL can’t be used.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy,

Yes, the link is accessible for a browser. I managed to make it work, however, with multiple URLs, it only seems to create 1 image regardless. The image has an error for some reason. If there is only 1 file upload, the image works.

Is it because it overrides or because it tries to combine them all into 1? 

Any idea how to combat this issue?

Screenshots are attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BalazsKovacs 

If there can be 1+ urls, then you can use the Looping app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy!

Thank you for your previous answers. I tried to use Looping by Zapier, but I can’t seem to make it work. So basically, I have a form in Acuity that the customer can upload 1 or 3 images and I’d like this/these images to be saved into Dropbox without me manually doing it. These are the steps I managed to come up with. The problem is under each source file I created a path to save them individually, but I suspect that the path can not detect the different sources. If the customer uploads 1 image, the rest 2 does exist. If the customer uploads 3 images, I only see the same image saved 3 times. Any idea how I can troubleshoot? I think Acuity treats these links in a weird way as it’s always different.

Open to your suggestions peeps. Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BalazsKovacs

We would need to see more screenshots with how your other Zap steps are configured, such as the Looping step.

You should map outputs from the Looping step to the inputs for the Dropbox step.